Hello and goodnight! Another day another adventure. We did go on a trolley tour of GC- went to the presidential palace, big church, central market, drove through city, got info about the history, etc. of Guatemala. It was nice- there was only us on the trolley and one other guy- a professor from Georgetown. Gabriella did great- she napped in my arms on the trolley- Antonio did great too. We got home and had dinner and poor Gabriella was dying of fatigue during dinner. She didn't nap much this afternoon, so she was beat. She has been showing more attachment with me and not too interested in other adults, including Barry. She has done some crying when he goes near her.
So, for the real and true honest thoughts and feelings going on with the Linberger's, read on. If you just want to know the fun and fluff, end here. I want to be honest in case someone is reading this that doesn't always have a perfect thought and life and for them to know they aren't alone.
1) Antonio seems to adore Gabriella, but he does seem to be showing signs of competing for attention, etc. Thankfully, he is loving with his sister and not aggressive or anything. But he does seem to be a little wound- but who can tell what is really going on- he is in a strange land, in a strange home, with a new family member.
2) I was crying tonight - yes, me. I didn't realize that I would miss Antonio. But I do. I have to share myself with another little being. I miss my little guy and all the attention we give each t0 each other. Shoot, I am crying again. I am certainly trying hard to include him, give him attention, etc. However, it will never be the same again. Antonio is so special to me and I have lived and breathed him soley, as everyone does with their first children- I didn't realize it would be hard to open up to include others. The fullness of my love for my son is hitting me tonight. Hm, I guess call it post adoption hormones.
3) We love Gabriella, of course. We have all year. However, it is strange to have a child given to you that you don't know. Here is this mature baby and we have to start from the beginning in getting to know her, loving her, etc. I look at her, and its like "she's my daughter?"
4) Barry is stressed to the max with the out of control life we have at the moment and the danger of being in a third world city and having a family to worry about, etc.
5) Worries of what is to be- how will Gabriella be- how will she respond, what is she like, what does she need, will she scream tonight, will she be contented; guess this goes along with #3 and not knowing her.
Ok, well I guess that is enough. Like I have said, overall things are going FABULOUSLY, for real. Our daughter is sweet and darling, our son is so precious and accepting and the country is fascinating. But, to open up on this "blog" and be real- thought I would do it. Things are well, but not perfect. I guess, when is life perfect. I keep trying-
Tomorrow we are off to celebrate All Saints Day in Santiago Sacatapequez. We leave at 9am with our tour guide. Should be quite interesting!
Will keep you posted!!!
Love you all and thanks to those that are "addicted". I love it!!!
Ps- I am having trouble posting pics this afternoon. Will try again tomorrow. Sorry :( And you should see how she looked with little piggy tails sticking straight up. TOO CUTE!!!

1 Comments:
HI Jen and Barry. I want to assure you that every time you become a new parent regardless if it is your first child or your 4th or more, you have feelings like this. This day and age there are so many concerns with raising children. So many doubts we all have . I promise you , you will and are excellent parents. Antonio is terrific and he is a product of very good parenting in such a short time. I don't think you have to birth a child to feel blue again and again. Each day will bring new challenges. Belive me , for the rest of your life parenting is a challenge. Know what I mean? Haha . Anyway, keep your chin up. Remember , God brought those babies into your lives because YOU ARE THE RIGHT PARENTS for both of the. I love you. MOm
Post a Comment
<< Home